- Shaving is a daily nuisance
- Waxing is painful and only a short term solution
- Electrolysis is effective, but since it only treats one hair follicle at a time, it’s not practical for large areas and is extremely time consuming
The demand for intense pulsed light (IPL) hair removal and laser hair removal treatments are at an all-time high. This is not surprising, considering that traditional hair removal via electrolysis and waxing is painful and expensive. Light-based hair removal permanently reduces unwanted facial and body hair, in fewer treatments and with more comfort than is possible with traditional procedures.
Benefits for Clients:
- Excellent aesthetic outcomes
- Long-term, lasting results
- Fast treatment sessions
- Advanced Contact Cooling technology to minimize discomfort
Benefits for Practitioners:
- Effective on a wide variety of skin types
- Comfortable for treating faces and necks with very dark skin
- Varied wavelengths to target fine, coarse and light hair
- Large spot size decreases procedure time
- Small spot size ideal for underarm and bikini lines
- Advanced Contact Cooling technology ensures patient comfort
In the 1990s, Palomar pioneered permanent hair reduction after receiving the first FDA clearance for this procedure. Since then, Palomar lasers have been the industry standard that all others have been compared to, and validated by Palomar’s strong patent position. Lasers, although clinically effective, have skin limitations regarding skin color, hair color and hair thickness. Subsequent new technology developments from Palomar led to new, groundbreaking pulsed light technology that improved clinical outcomes over a broader client base.
Our IPL technology delivers specific wavelengths, with large spot sizes, superior contact cooling and smooth pulse technology for clients of all skin types, hair colors and finer hair. Palomar’s pioneering, patented technologies have established the StarLux platform for hair removal treatments as the most versitile, effective and profitable device available.
We put our industry-leading research and development efforts behind the perfection of the procedure. Palomar’s pulsed light handpieces are clinically proven to produce results as good as or better than those of gold-standard lasers in removing unwanted hair from all areas of the body including the face, back, chest, leg, bikini line and underarm areas – with greater comfort and less down time.
Our IPL and laser hair removal equipment make it easy for you to offer IPL and laser hair removal treatments for any skin type – including dark skin – in comfortable, cost-effective treatments with minimal risk and downtime.